Code of Conduct
- Conflict Of Interest
- Compensation and Working Hours
- Non Discrimination
- Prevention of Sexual Harassment
- Forced and Child Labor
Employees should not give or accept gifts, entertainment, or any other personal benefit or privilege that would in any way influence or appear to influence any business decision. Accepting money, gifts, entertainment, loans or any other benefit or preferential treatment from any existing or potential customer, supplier or business associate of the Company, is strictly prohibited, except occasional gifts of modest value and entertainment on a modest scale as part of customary business practice.
As a general principle, gifts of minor estimated value (e.g. pens, golf balls, desk diaries) are acceptable.
Where the estimated value of the gift is considered to be over Rs. 2500, such gift should be declined.
All other prospective offers of gifts or entertainment falling outside the foregoing guideline, but which reflect customary and transparent business practice in a particular market, may be accepted. However, in case of doubts, the Employee must refer the case to his/her reporting manager and/or the relevant business unit head who will decide on the action to be taken. It is unacceptable to directly or indirectly offer, pay, solicit or accept any kind of inducements or bribes.
Any attempted transaction of this nature should be immediately reported to the Reporting Manager/ Business Unit Head or the Admin Department. The funds and resources of the Company shall not be used directly or indirectly for any such purpose.
Each Employee is expected to avoid situations in which his or her financial or other personal interests or dealings are, or may be, in conflict with the interests of the Company.
Accordingly, the Company expects its Employees to act in the Company's interest at all times.
Employees are advised not to engage in any other business, commercial or investment activity that may conflict with their ability to perform their duties to the Company.
Employees must also not engage in any other activity (cultural, political, recreational, and social) which could reasonably conflict with the Company's interests and interfere with the performance of their duties.
Employees must not use any Company's property, information or position, or opportunities arising from these for personal gains or to compete with or to tarnish the image of the Company.
Employees should not engage in any business activity, which could be detrimental to, or in competition with, the Company's any business activities.
All Employees must avoid situations in which their personal interest could conflict with the interest of the Company.
If, under any circumstance, Employees' personal interests’ conflict with those of the Company's', in all such cases the Employee must seek advice from his or her reporting/ reviewing manager or from senior management.
For avoidance of doubt, mere financial portfolio investments shall not be considered as activities that conflict with the business of the Company.
As a result of employment with the Company, Employees may be entrusted with confidential information; with regard to the Company and/or its affiliates, its customers and suppliers.
Upon joining, Employees are required to separately read, acknowledge and sign the 'Confidentiality Agreement' that shall explicitly mention the terms and conditions of the confidentiality obligation and treatment of confidential information and intellectual property of the Company.
Shareholders, management and other interested parties must have complete and accurate financial information in order to make informed decisions.
Many Employees participate in accounting processes that directly impact the integrity of external financial statements and internal management reports.
All such Employees have a responsibility to ensure that all transactions are recorded in Company's accounts accurately and promptly and they must immediately report any known inaccuracies.
Misrepresentations by Employees that result from intentional acts that may conceal or obscure the true nature of a business transaction are clear contraventions of this Policy.
All Employees of the Company are responsible for protecting and taking reasonable steps to prevent the theft or misuse of, or damage to Company's assets, including all kinds of physical assets, movable, immovable and tangible property, corporate information and intellectual property such as inventions, copyrights, patents, trademarks and technology and intellectual property used in carrying out their responsibilities.
All Employees must use all equipment, tools, materials, supplies, and Employee time only for Company's legitimate business interests. Company's property must not be borrowed, loaned, or disposed of, except in accordance with appropriate Company's policies. All Employees must use and maintain Company's property and resources efficiently and with due care and diligence.
This policy defines the working hours and ensures punctuality at workplace.
This policy is applicable to all employees of Southern Optoelectronic Devices Pvt. Ltd
General Hours of Work
- The workweek comprises a minimum of 48 working hours. Every employee will be given at least one day in a week as a holiday for rest.
- The General Shift business hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
During the work day 30-minute off-duty meal period will be granted.
Female employee working in late shifts
Female employees are restricted to remain in office for work beyond 6.00 PM and before 6.00 AM as per the stipulated law.
These guidelines and procedures shall supersede all other earlier guidelines / rules on the subject matter and shall come into force with effect from November 1, 2018.
Attendance and Punctuality Policy
This policy is to ensure orderly operations and punctuality at the work place.
This policy is applicable to all employees in workers level of Southern Optoelectronic Devices Pvt. Ltd
- The policy ensures that every employee needs to be regular and punctual. Attendance is one of the most important facets of performance review.
- If an employee is unable to report for work for any reason, she/he needs to notify his/her reporting Manager before regular starting time.
- Poor attendance and excessive tardiness are disruptive and not acceptable. It may lead to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- If an employee abstains from work for more than five working days without prior approval his/her absence will be treated as voluntary abandonment of service.
Attendance records are important for calculation of payroll and also for the maintenance of leave records. The employees are expected to sign the attendance register and biometric punching should be done at the office, as this is a statutory requirement.
In case an employee is late by 10 minutes in a month for more than three occasions, half-day salary will be deducted. However, if an employee is late by 10 minutes on less than 3 occasions in a month there will be no deduction.
This policy defines that equal opportunity is given to qualified individuals in recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, compensation practices, and all other employment opportunities.
This policy is applicable to all employees of Southern Optoelectronic Devices Pvt. Ltd
Southern optoelectronics devices Pvt Ltd., committed that diversity at the work place creates an environment conducive to engagement, alignment innovation and high performance achieved through
- The policy prohibits discrimination based on an individual's sex, color, race, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics or conduct.
- Equal opportunity is about equality in all aspects of hiring and employment with reasonable inclusions and accommodation to an individual’s religion, race, sex or handicap/disability, if required by law. It recognizes that all the employees should be able to work in an environment free from all forms of discrimination, or harassment, including sexual harassment.
- Any employee with questions or concerns about any type of discrimination in the workplace is encouraged to bring these issues to the attention of the Admin / Manager \Director. Employees can raise concerns and report without fear of reprisal.
- Anyone found to be engaging in any type of unlawful discrimination will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
There is no discrimination amongst its employees in compensation, training and employee benefits, based on the caste, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race, colour ancestry, material status or affiliation with a political, religious or union organization or majority / minority.
- The committee will meet as and when complaints of sexual harassment are received from the employees.
- The committee shall meet within 24 hours of the complaint being received
- Notice to the members of the committee shall be in writing only in exceptional circumstances, an oral intimation may be given.
- The committee shall meet in the factory premises, in a place where provision is made for enquiry.
- Any person who has a complaint of sexual harassment by any co-employee, in the course of his/her employment is at liberty to make a complaint in writing to any of the members.
- If any member other than the secretary receives the complaint, he or she shall forthwith call upon the secretary of the committee to convene the meeting.
- sexual harassment for the purpose of enquiry by this committee means ‘Such unwelcome sexually determined behavior (whether directly or by implication) as;
- Physical contact and advances.
- Demand or request for sexual favor.
- Sexually colored remarks.
- Showing pornography.
- Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of sexual nature.
- Notice of enquiry shall be served on the complaint and also the employee against whom the complaint is lodged, by the secretary of the committee in writing.
- At the time of enquiry both the complaint and the opposite party shall be personally called and their statement shall be recorded.
- The committee members are at liberty to cross-examine any of parties to ascertain the truth of the complaint.
- If any of parties specifically requests, maximum of two witnesses can be allowed from each side to substantiate their claim.
- The committee shall consider the statement and other evidences available, in a joint sitting and decide the truth or otherwise of the complaint by a majority decision.
- Quorum for committee meeting shall be minimum 3 members.
- The report of the committee shall be forwarded to the management proposing the action to be taken wherever the complaint is found true.
- Any report given by the committee for prevention of sexual harassment shall be considered by the designated disciplinary authority within 7 days from the date of its receipt.
- There shall be no need for further enquiry to act against the guilty, wherever the report is made, giving reasons for their conclusions.
- The management shall taken action against the guilty under the provision of the certified standing orders of the company.
- The action taken on the basis of the complaint and the decision of the management shall be communicated to the complainant in writing.
- The decision of the disciplinary authority in the above matter is final.
- Committee formed to investigate the grievances on this regard.
As per the Child Labor (Prohibition and Regulation) Act, 1986, amended in 2016 ("CLPR Act"), An Act to prohibit the engagement of children in all occupations and to prohibit the engagement of adolescents in hazardous occupations and processes and the matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.". Southern optoelectronic devices Pvt. Ltd., shall not employee any person below 18 years of age.
To confirm the age limit southern Optoelectronic devices pvt ltd shall collect the age proof document i.e. Birth certificate / educational certificate / Voter ID card etc., before recruiting the person.